Obsessing over making an oxidation fired plate coordinate with a reduction fired plate.
Obsessing over making mini butter churns fired in oxidation that correctly replicate the 23" tall salt fired original in both proportion and glaze. I may be explaining this more at a later date.
Major obsessing about getting this mug commission right.
Size, color...yes, but mostly fear of glaze failure during the last firing for the decals. Having had a few problems with pinholing in the past, I did a search and found that better kiln ventilation may solve the problem- leaving the lid and portholes open up to 500 degrees F. That, and spacing the mugs about 2 inches apart in the kiln. Success! At least this time. And, hurry up to get some birds and cairn parts in the kiln to be bisque fired along with the decal firing. Luckily, the sun was out to help the drying along.
15 emails and several picture taking sessions about a possible commission through etsy. It is possible I gave the customer too many choices. Some of the test tiles involved: